Why Study Computer Science
CCGS Computer Science is committed to pushing boundaries, and create an unparalleled experience, aligning the needs of the students with leading edge practice.
- Our goals are that students:
- are taught how to use computers effectively, safely, creatively, and intelligently;
- are always kept on the leading edge of developments;
- become independent thinkers, to know what they want, why, and then to be able to develop the skillset to achieve what they wish to create.
- benefit from a tailored package of experiences which helps students maximise progression in their learning.
- celebrate their success of the individual as well as the group.
- provided with positive experimental learning opportunities and embrace risk;
- benefit from positive experiences with local businesses and industry,
- benefit from opportunities to connect with the local community through our events.
- have a strong sense of community, pride, and common purpose within and between other computer students, our department, and our staff.